Shannon Fausey was raised in the small town of McCall, Idaho. McCall is nestled in the state’s mountains at the edge of Payette Lake. Shannon says,”Living in such a scenic place was a great influence on me artistically. I believe that my appreciation for esthetics stems from my younger years.”
Married at a young age, Shannon continued to live in Idaho’s mountainous country. She painted when time allowed, but her priority was raising her two sons, Travis and Jason. When her marriage of thirteen years dissolved, Shannon and her children moved to Boise, Idaho where she still resides.
It was here that she met Neil, and two years later they were married. Through Neil’s encouragement, Shannon pursued her ambitions and enrolled at Boise State University as an art major. Shannon recalls, “It was quite frightening to begin college at the age of thirty three, but I soon discovered that my age worked to my advantage. My professors enjoyed non-traditional students with some life experience. They were easy to approach and easy to talk to.” She graduated in 1991, ninth out of 998 students. Shannon points out, “By the way, that was ninth from the top, not the bottom!”
Through dedication to her art since that time, she has accomplisheda great deal. She has competed locally, regionally, and nationally, and has won several awards. Her original work has been sold and displayed in galleries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
Shannon’s work may be seen in Boise by calling 208-484-1411 for a studio appointment, and on the World Wide Web.
Awards and Honors
- 2002-Selected to design White House Christmas ornament.
- 2000-Selected for one person exhibit at Peacearch Park International Festival. on the Canadian/American border.
- 1999-Idaho Commission on the Arts Quick Arts grant recipient
- 1999-Selected as exhibitor and mentor for VSA Arts International Art and Soul Festival
- 1999-VSA Arts of Idaho Arts Angel, Outstanding Service Award.
- 1998-Community Service Award, The Arc Inc.
- 1997-Yamagata International Fellowship, one of twelve artists selected world wide.
- 1997-Idaho Commission on the Arts Quick Arts grant recipient.
- 1993-Second Place, Watercolor Division, Western Idaho State Fair.
- 1993-Honorable Mention, Mindpower Gallery, Reedsport, Oregon.
- 1992-Second Place, Mindpower Gallery, Reedsport, Oregon.
- 1991-Received Boise State University Art Department Scholarship.
- 1989-Third Place, Salmon River Art Guild Exhibition.
- 1988-Best of Show, Salmon River Art Guild Exhibition.
- Work included in an international exhibit in Nagano, Japan.
- One person exhibit, Peace Arch Park International Art Exhibition.
- No Boundaries traveling exhibit, touring 5 western states.
- Featured at Very Special Arts National Gallery, Washington D.C. “Fresh Perspectives”.
- One person exhibit, McCall Arts and Humanities Council, McCall, Idaho.
- Featured Artist, Decor Creations, Boise, Idaho.
- Group shows, Brown’s Gallery, Boise, Idaho.
- Gallery Mack, Seattle Washington.
- Olympic Inn Artworks, Poulsbo, Washington.
- National Small Painting Exhibition, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho.
- Idaho Watercolor Society Juried Exhibitions.
- One Person Show, Mindpower, Reedsport, Oregon.
- White House Permanent Collection
- VSA Arts International Collection
- Simplot Corporate Collection
- City of Boise, Boise Arts Commission’s, Boise Visual Chronicle
- Idaho’s former Governor Phil Batt
- Mr and Mrs Dick Donnelly
- Dr and Mrs Wayne Allen
- Dr and Mrs Theodore Bohlman
- Greg Boos Attorney at Law
- and others